Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Accelometer as tilt measurement  (Read 5737 times)

Erkeli

Accelometer as tilt measurement
« on: March 01, 2008, 00:34:04 AM »
Has anybody use any accelerometer? Is it possible to use it as a tilt to sea level measurement? ???

kam

• Administrator
Re: Accelometer as tilt measurement
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 00:48:23 AM »
If you mean that you want to make something like a level then i think that it may work. I have not really try it but it measures the acceleration, so it will also measure the acceleration of gravity. I guess.

kostas

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 11:02:26 AM »
Actually i have not also use it but kams theory looks pretty attractive to me

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 13:27:21 PM »
Well, i got this information and i am preparing a theory for accelerometers and w hat they can do. I can asure you that it can measure tilt.As i said, they measure the earths acceleration of gravity. And if you consider that gravity accel is 1g (0.98 to be exact) you need a low acceelerometer for better results. But be patient. The theory is being prepared!

ScubaCap

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 17:51:43 PM »
Of course it works! As a matter of fact, there is no way to distinguish the accel of gravity and the accel of (for example) your car. This is very well explained by Einstein with the example of the elevator. ;)

Mosquito

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 21:11:05 PM »
I like this idea! And i found some accelerometers for 15 Euros. I think it is cheap. And many things can be done with it and a display. My imagination rides!

Erkeli

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 01:30:23 AM »
Thanks in advance kam!