Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: PCI/PCI Express interface  (Read 6515 times)

Alex

PCI/PCI Express interface
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:32:11 AM »
Is it possible? Does any body know how to interface the pci of a computer and get some I/O? I think it will be a great deal to do this and the result will KICK 8) 8) 8)

kam

• Administrator
Re: PCI/PCI Express interface
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 14:22:49 PM »
What PC are you planning to use? If it is an old one i have some info for interfacing the PCI ISA.

ScubaCap

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 17:54:16 PM »
Hey Kam i have an old computer that lays on the attic rusting. It has an ISA. If you explain how to use it you will make an old computer come alive! I will try it! I have something in mind. Basically, by the time i read it, thousand of staff came to my mind. Please explain how to do it

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 19:58:51 PM »
Ok i will

Mosquito

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 21:11:38 PM »
I want it too!I vote for this!  ;) ;) ;) ;)

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 22:10:07 PM »
Ok Ok i got the point

Alex

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 22:48:32 PM »
I am trying some hours to google some info about PCI Express and i get nothing. Is it a global secret how this works and how can we interface it? I really do not get it.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 23:08:33 PM »
Well, i think i have something here for you but it is ready maid. If your goal is to use the PCI for a reason then it is perfect for you. If your goal is to learn how to manage the PCI for no reason, then do not bother.

http://www.futurlec.com/PCI16IO.shtml

Alex

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 23:42:29 PM »
For 48 Euros man this is very good.

I do not really have something in mind and i still would like to ba able to make my own PCI card but i will use this card for another project. It looks fine!