Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: "Base Hole Error" message from hole inspection machine  (Read 1923 times)

tskim83

"Base Hole Error" message from hole inspection machine
« on: October 05, 2010, 23:05:02 PM »
Our hole inspector gives this error message “Base Hole Error”. It is a flat conveyor-type hole inspection machine from YAYATech that scans PCBs, with an optic sensor and cameras on top of the belt and a light source on the bottom of the belt. And during scanning, the machine automatically selects 3 “Base Holes” in the 3 corners of the panel, and set those points as reference points for calculating coordinates of each hole when displaying the results. But one day morning the machine started malfunctioning giving this “Base Hole Error” message, the right next day of the huge power failure in Los Angeles area last week.

Now the machine fails to inspect any panels. It does scan the panel in the manual mode, but when inspecting with CAM data file from the server, it fails. We have not yet figured out if the power failure somehow really caused the malfunction of the machine, but it is one of the suspects we are looking at right now. We have tried all other diagnostics in every aspect though.

So if you have any ideas/suggestions about this error message, or the mechanism of this type of conveyor-type inspection machine that could cause the malfunction of the sensor, or you have any experts that you know who might be able to help us out, please, please let me know. We would greatly appreciate it.

kam

• Administrator
Re: "Base Hole Error" message from hole inspection machine
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:21:55 AM »
i happen to be cnc technician in Greece. Where i live, power failures happens very often. In some areas, a power failure may happen twice a day. I can assure you that unless you protect your equipment, a power failure will most likely cause a malfunction.

Most of the times, these malfunctions occurs in the communication modules of the drives, sometimes on the motor drivers themselves, rarely will harm the PC. Due to the fact that sensors are usually 24V and are powered through a good power supply, it is most unlikely that a power failure will them them. I suggest you check the communication modules instead. I also suppose that the machine has a PLC or an I/O module correct? This also may be damaged.