Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Laserpen light as house security fence  (Read 1844 times)

aaronsanchez

Laserpen light as house security fence
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »
Well, i did this house security fence using laserpen. I interface it with a alarm signal. I even bought a mirror and had it cut into several pieces (1x1 inch).
It worked but when I need to use AC adapter to replace the use of button battery, it gradually failed and now the laser was damaged. So I have been surfing the internet to search for AC adapter for the power supply of laser pen but until now I didn't find a substantial schematic. If anyone has the link, please inform me so. thanks.

kam

• Administrator
Re: Laserpen light as house security fence
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 13:40:17 PM »
is it working with a 3V battery or 1.5?

aaronsanchez

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 15:24:55 PM »
It was originally working with 2 pieces of 1.2V button cell batteries, so it's 3 volts.
The last thing I did with it was using a typical 3volts power supply.
The laser pen is rated less than 5mW , 650nm +-10.
I also tried to purchase a laser pen with AC adapter but so far I did not find here in my place.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:18:13 AM »
2 1.2v makes 2.4, not 3. Try adding a 1N400x resistor in series with the battery. this resistor makes a 0.7 typical voltage drop, so the 3v from the supply will be dropped down to 2.3. Also, measure the output of the supply for it may deliver even more voltage than 3v.