Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Soldering station lcd problem???  (Read 31476 times)

hamradio

Re: Soldering station lcd problem???
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 19:03:09 PM »
Hehe :D I'm glad to spark you! I've added some ceramic capacitors like is givven at the datasheet of the voltage regulator + around the PIC on the voltage input!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 19:06:50 PM by hamradio »

Riko

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 22:03:58 PM »

Did you check the things i told you to?

Also take a look here.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/PICKIT-3-MCU-Universal-ZIF-socket-PICkit-2-3-/350453224252?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5198a3d33c

It's the new programmer from Microchip (clone)but lot of people say that still pickit 2 is better than 3 because it has not fully support YET and it has not stand alone programm (it works only with mplab....)
Yes Sir pike, i have checked it. Thank you. PCB is ok,  found  there are pic problem. It isnt correctly programmed yet..
Thank you hamradio, for simple programmer's schematic :)

hamradio

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 23:12:07 PM »
You're welcome if you trying build it and have any questions feel free to ask!!! I'm using ICprog or WinPIC software with it and i have no problems! It' very simple  8) 8) 8)

hamradio

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 18:45:58 PM »
Kam how to fix the temperature hop, it's bugging all the time it's set to the desired temp and it's working with pulses normal for 1 minute and then get over the set point and straight to the possible peak. Something it's wrong???     

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 13:20:08 PM »
it's set to the desired temp and it's working with pulses normal for 1 minute and then get over the set point and straight to the possible peak.

i did not understand correctly. you say that you set the desired temperature through the potentiometer, then the solder works normally with pulses (correct) until it reaches this temperature, and then? What happens next?

hamradio

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 14:03:25 PM »
Then get over this temperature and goes to the maximum of the soldering iron that is sometimes not always :D

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 16:10:12 PM »
and what happens to the LEDs? they still blink or they are turned off?

hamradio

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 18:49:25 PM »
They're blinking?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 23:32:28 PM »
Yes they should blink! If you watch my video, you will notice that the soldering iron is NOT powered with constant current, instead it is powered with bursts of power, indicated by the red LED. So, when the iron is cold, the red led is almost turned on, when it approaches the temperature, it is blinking (i think once every second or 1.5 second), and when it exceeds a lot the temperature it is turned off (to cool the iron down). If this does not happen for you, then there is serious problem...

hamradio

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2011, 00:05:54 AM »
I know the method therefore you using semistor, but this problem appears, above 240 degreese on this set point it's work perfect??? just strange story, i'll make a video showing the problem!  Have nice Easter holidays!  8) 8)

hamradio

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2011, 13:44:36 PM »

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2011, 14:16:18 PM »
hm, i saw the video. something very strange is going on, i do not think is software problem, Regarding the startup "Chinese" symbols, i'm working on it. But regarding the wrong measurements, i think there is something going on with your thermocouple junction. Make sure that the K-type wires are NOT touching ANY metallic surface when the junction ends.

What i mean is that, the wires perform a junction which is let's say 5mm long (the point where these wires are twisted together). These 5mm there is no problemm at all to touch a metallic surface. But behind these 5mm they must NOT touch any metallic surface.

Make one test. Remove the junction from the tip. Then begin heating it up slowly with open flame, like from a lighter. Slowly though. And watch the readings. Do you get the same weird readings? The temperature must rise normally, it cannot jump from 100 to 80 and back to 100. That is not correct.

Also, make sure that there is absolutely NO sign of dirt or solder flux around the MAX chip. Any slight dirt between the leads of this chip will cause funny results. If necessary, clean your PCB with alcohol and tooth brush (this is how i clean them after soldering). i rub them for some 5 minutes with pure alcohol to remove the flux.

And something last, i see that you have make an awesome housing for the soldering iron. Is it possible to send me some clean photos? I liked it a lot!

hamradio

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2011, 08:09:55 AM »
i really like the transparent glass you put in front. i chose white as i thought that transparent glass would not be nice, but it is very cool.
tell me, did you solve the problems with the jumping temperature? did you run the test with he lighter?

hamradio

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »
I've cleaned the soldering flux and run the test with a lighter but it's still the same i think it's from the capacitor  to ground before the chip i put one for cleaning disturbances on the +5V supply for the chip...