Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Long Range (10mt) IR Beam Break Detector - Comment by justin [25 February 2011]  (Read 4623 times)

kam

• Administrator
Original comment at page: http://pcbheaven.com/circuitpages/Long_Range_IR_Beam_Break_Detector/index.php

# At 25 February 2011, 12:01:42 user justin wrote:
      Hi
      I am doing automatic room light controller with bidirectional.
      I will use 2 transmitter(TSAL6200) and 2 receiver(TSOP4838) at each side of the door.
      lets assume
      S1 is the first pair of transceiver
      S2 is the second pair.
      if S1 is obstructed before S2,mean people go in
      If S2 is obstructed before S1,mean people go out.

MY question is will the 2 receiver wrongly received the signal from other transmitter?
      mean 1st receiver received signal from 2nd transmitter,etc

So, i have attached 2 files. The first file (2pairs.jpg) shows 2 pairs of transmitter-receiver. Usually (unless noted) LEDs have an angle of 24-25 degrees. So, if the beams overlap has to do with the distance between the transmitter and the receiver. Look at the attachment. In the green regions the beams will not overlap. But if you put the receivers in the blue region, the receivers will definitely have problems.

But here is another idea. You can use only one transmitter and 2 receivers.  Look at the second attachment. There is only one transmitter LED. But there are 2 receivers (the orange circles). If someone goes from left to right, then the left receiver will be actuated first.

amos19ayers

Can you give a brief description of how you have done this?

kam

• Administrator
which one you mean?

annystephans

I want to know more about Long Range Break Detector.

_pike

• Administrator