Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Need some ideas  (Read 14748 times)

aacs

Need some ideas
« on: August 12, 2011, 07:50:47 AM »
I'm using an IR system that will hit at the 30' reach. "stock system like most 555s" but I see the new flat screen TV remote are getting 80' now and will work on my reciever side of my boards. Any ideas on what changed in the last 2 or so years?

Any tip would be helpful
Thanks.

kam

• Administrator
Re: Need some ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:32:45 AM »
the current that flows through the IR led is the trick. More current means more light, more light means more distance. But more current means faster battery drain.

aacs

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 17:56:25 PM »
Can you look over my board and see if you can think of anything that I can have changed to make this design better. I have pots to ajust the power to the point it will melt the emitter bulb but Its not helping.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 23:13:10 PM »
i post the photo that you sent me for others to see:

So, what is it exactly that you want to do? I see that there is a receiver and a transmitter connection. I suppose that there is also a remote control. You need to change the resistor on the remote control to draw greater current if you want to increase the range. There is not much you can do on this module.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 23:18:44 PM by kam »

aacs

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:09:38 AM »
"I think" each time the servo pull get strained it will brownout the system and damage the on board emitter. not to start over I would like to try an separate the receiver from the emitter and supply lower volts to the emitter side.
Or build an emitter board similar to the new flat screen TV that are hitting 80'"in the dark"
I do not use a remote. this is the only system needed to run the display.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 13:08:48 PM »
oh i see. then you will certainly need a schematic diagram of this board. Either you make it (following the lines on the PCB) or you find it from the manufacturer. Otherwise it is very hard to do what you want to do.

aacs

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 18:48:10 PM »
A friend set up the design for me but hes having a "moment" at home and I do not think he has time.

Can I cut the feed to the emitter side and keep a common ground for the 9v and 12 when I repower the emitter side?

aacs

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 22:26:49 PM »
Sorry I meant 5 v to the emitters "testing now"side and do you think adding a 5 volt regulator from the battery will help keep the pots ajustment from vibration in flight ?
just a guess will help.

Some of the mods are in RC aircraft

aacs

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
I have it..
Thanks for the time.
btw- I am the mfg.