Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Flip bike's licence plate  (Read 3254 times)

_pike

• Administrator
Flip bike's licence plate
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:15:09 AM »
Hello to all!!! in my future projects i will built something like that      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDZv7FlYi0Q      but with better opening-closing angle and more district than the guy from the video.The problem that i have to solve is that i must buy a servo motor were will be able to flip the licence during the bike's motion.So i must somehow calculate the wind's pressure for example to 120km/h.I found on ebay some servo motors where their torgue is for about 15kg.Does anyone knows if this servo is ok for my construction, or a way of calculating it?

thanks a lot Panagiotis.

kam

• Administrator
Re: Flip bike's licence plate
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 21:56:58 PM »
lolollooooo man, that is absolutely wild! I have a special section in my blog with the title "only in japan", and i can totally start a new one for this with the title "only in greece". anyway

I suggest that you use a mechanical lever that locks in the "visible" position, rather than using a high torque servo for this. I do not know what force the servo will need to have in order to hold the plate, but i do know that the force is not stable nor linear, and at high speeds the air is like a barrier. A scissors mechanism would be a good idea. No matter what, you need to make something strong to hold the plate in place and also stand the enormous amounts of vibrations (which will probably be your major problem). Where do you plan to fit this hack?

_pike

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 00:26:48 AM »
I forgot to tell you something important.Right now i have a licence plate stand and its from valter moto....  8) It can flip but manually (by hand) >:( >:( >:(  .So i imagine with some gears and a servo that i will buy i maybe could achive the automated flip licence plate..... ::) :o :o :o

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:26:29 AM »
and how does this thing locks into position? any photos?

_pike

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 18:41:47 PM »
You select the position that you want (angle)and then you screw the two screws which have in the two sides of the plate...I will upload some photos to see.... ;D