Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Help First Build-Moving Target  (Read 1549 times)

CoachBig

Help First Build-Moving Target
« on: September 13, 2011, 23:43:39 PM »

I'm considering starting a project but I wanted to get some input on if it is at all possible?
I'm a PaintBaller...and I enjoy the sport tremendously, and wanted to work on my firing skills individually, so here is my question.

Would it be possible to place an iflatable on a RC Platform(Moving Target) and input a course into that platform, have the RCP run it's course, return to it's original starting point, pause, and then continue on a different inputted course, after that course is completed, return to it's original starting point again, and so forth?  I have an idea about the RC Platform I want to use, but as far as the electronics need for this project, I have no idea...I'm guessing a microcontroller and programming software may be involved from the online research I conducted. The RCP does not need vision as there will be
no obstacles to maneuver around, this is more about target practice than simulation.  I want to be able to place the RCP on any field and it will run the same courses or any courses that I choose to input. Like I said I will be working individually, so having my laptop, IPad, or another control mechanism to steer the RCP would be optimal.  Thank you for any suggestions

CoachBig

_pike

• Administrator
Re: Help First Build-Moving Target
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 22:00:01 PM »
hello how much money are you willing to spend for this project?Also the moving target that you say what't distance that it will cover?Do you want to be controlled on a particular frequency?

kam

• Administrator
Re: Help First Build-Moving Target
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »
well, the main problem that you have here is how your rc will identify its position on the field, right? I can think of 2 methods: the first is with the help from sky high, using a GPS and a compass. The accuracy is not excellent, the modules are expensive and the response time is poor, but it will certainly work.
The other method is if you make your own positioning system. You can use for example 6 IR LEDs, each one sending a different frequency or carrier wave. Then you can place like 32 or 64 IR receivers in a curricular pattern on the rc. You can then identify the position AND orientation from the LEDs.