Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: HITEC HV SERVOS ie 7950th  (Read 2194 times)

Mrs R

HITEC HV SERVOS ie 7950th
« on: October 01, 2011, 20:11:37 PM »
Hi! Guys.
Has any one here done any work with HITEC's 7950TH servo.
My main problem is A/C noise on the regulated power line.
It has an Inductor Joining V+ to V- then a 22uf Tantalum Cap. to the V in on the cmos regulator and a 1uF Tant. Cap. on Vout. Vout is 3.1 volts at 200ma.
I am changing the 22uf Cap to 47uF and the 1uF to 2.2Uf with .01 uF on the in tags and out Tags to Ground on the Regulator and fitting a 10 uH choke on the Vout line.
Any suggestions that may help stop the A/C noise.Voltage cane't go below 3volts so I can't put an RC filter in
the amps can be reduced as it's at maximum that the ATMEG48 Microcontroler can take. I was thinking of putting a .01uF Ceramic and 5ohm Resistor at the input pin on the MC but can't see that that would effect the A/C noise. ANY HELP would be appreciated
THANKS GUYS Denise

_pike

• Administrator
Re: HITEC HV SERVOS ie 7950th
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 21:06:19 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.I haven't used the particular servo but i would like to tell me what kind of problem creates you the noise.Also ( i think maybe wrong) inductors in power supplies are usually connected in series and not in paraller.So what can you do?Try to replace the inductor with 2 VK200 in series also what type are the diodes and what kind of regulator are you using?

Mrs R

Re: HITEC HV SERVOS ie 7950th
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 22:28:31 PM »
_Pike,
It's a cmos Reg. but HITEC won't supply the make and specs. I have pulled the birdnest apart and drawn the Schematic.
The A/c noise is leakage from the signal line, the problem is that if I stop the noise at the mosfet that feeds to the Analog
(ADC) line I can't reprogram the servo.It effects pin pbc7 an look at the thats the outlet so you can look at the digital signal with the Scope.
I have searched every where for the make of the Reg. Has a part number on body 9XZ7 if I could find the make I would replace it with a Texas Inst. Reg. I have used some of theirs and they have been very quite. (Note all the components are SMD's) most of the passive are o603 packages. ? What are VK200'ds
REGARDS
Denise
PS the circuit is a nightmare not like the 5955 series which are very nice and easy to fix or mod. Why they put a Inductor in Parallel beats me. but there are things like that all through the circuit.