Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 2186 times)

cheerio

Motivation
« on: November 12, 2011, 17:36:35 PM »
Guys! How do you motivate yourself to do stuff? I always think about what i have to do to finish a project and it is so much that my laziness dominates!
So how do you get yourself to bring your projects forward?

_pike

• Administrator
Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 02:01:17 AM »
That's very tough question....usually when i want to make something i am very excited.But when i reach the level where  i can see it working i lose my excitement and i look forward to built something else.(So i leave it in a half) ::)
As a matter of fact i built at least two circuits at time.These days i am working on a gsm calling alarm, playing with smartcards and trying to finish a thermometer.So as you can see i am not the proper guy who would give you a right answer....... ;D

George

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 03:43:35 AM »
Welcome to the club. I even purchased more breadboards, as I have quite a few projects on the go atm.

cheerio

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 04:52:50 AM »
Welcome to the club. I even purchased more breadboards, as I have quite a few projects on the go atm.
+1 :)

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 21:51:10 PM »
the problem is not to start, but to finish something. From my experience, i know that if i start two projects together, then one will stay half. Also, i know that if i start one very complicated project,  it will not finish. Therefore i do this trick: First of all, i rarely start two projects together. If i start a second project, that will be because i need it as a complement for the other one, or it is absolutely necessary to start it. But the most important trick is that i usually break a complicated project into small sub-projects. For example, i broke the coffee machine into "LCD reverse engineering" and " How dc motors work" and "how stepper motors work" etc etc etc. The coffee maker is not finished 100%, but it is paused due to lack of funds, since i decided to make the shell not out of wood but out of stainless steel and plexiglass.