Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Voice controlled LCD Display  (Read 2580 times)

john webb

Voice controlled LCD Display
« on: December 11, 2011, 13:07:34 PM »
HI Guys,

I am certainly new to this technology and at 60 years of age the LED market is stretching the grey matter somewhat and, I don't have an electrical/ electronic background.

I am trying to voice control an LED message board, I can program the message with the remote and simply push "Go" but really want to have the technology to control 9 messages without the need to pick up the remote. 
IE. spoken word "Help" produces the message  "I require help" as I really don't have a clue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated  :)

John

kam

• Administrator
Re: Voice controlled LCD Display
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »
I bet that you can use a smartphone and some kind of application that connects with bluetooth or wifi. More easily, there are libraries (i remember that microsoft offers one for free) with voice recognition for PC. So you may have a PC running a voice recognition program, and a remote control that will send your voice to the pc (fm or something). Then you can either design a USB interface or an ethernet interface.
There are also hardware solutions such as the HM2007 and the Philips "Hello IC", but i have still no experience.

_pike

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 01:08:19 AM »
kam+1  Another idea is to use a clap switch.But i don't know if this suggestion cover your requierments.

john webb

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 06:34:25 AM »
Hi Kam, thank you for the info, I will have a look at the Microsoft libraries as well as the HM2007, at the end of the day I need a device that is a small compact easy to use audio to LED.might have set myself a task by the look of it.

Thanks again
John