Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Incredible story of stealing power  (Read 5150 times)

Keep_in_mind

Incredible story of stealing power
« on: April 05, 2008, 17:58:55 PM »
I read this on another forum.

A man had a farm. Over the farm there where high voltage power lines. The man had studied electricity. Then he found a brilliant way to get a benefit out of it! He made a grid of electric wires and buried it right under the high voltage lines. He managed to produce electricity and use it for his house.

The electric company then accused him for stealing power. They went to court but they where incapable to win the trial as he can have whatever he wants in his farm. People said that if the electric company would have win the trial, then the man would have accused them for emitting radiation over his farm (cool eh!).

This story is supposed to be true! Great eh? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MAKE GRIDS!

Andre

Re: Incredible story of stealing power
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 14:05:51 PM »
If this works i must admit this farmer was brilliant! And i suppose that the electric company could do nothing to prove that he was stealing power from their wires because indeed, if they could prove it that power was stolen by this method, then they would have problems not only with the farmer but with all people that have high voltage cables running over them. Brilliant!

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 18:52:32 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmm... this gives me some ideas for my server....

jbrs128

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 23:31:27 PM »
I really like this guy!!! ;D ;D ;D

tpone

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 23:59:18 PM »
If there is also not a galvanic connection to the cables,no one can accuse you of stealing power can he?

Erkeli

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 01:10:16 AM »
Can someone make some calculations for this to see if it was possible? Because ok, it is 20.000Volts but man, it is more than 20 meters high!

Keep_in_mind

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »
I do not know if this is true but is sounds like it is.