Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Wiring and Control Circuit for 4 wire stepper motors.  (Read 4219 times)

PeteC

Wiring and Control Circuit for 4 wire stepper motors.
« on: January 10, 2012, 20:49:13 PM »
I have some 4 wire stepper motors that I want to use and one 6 wire. Not sure how to wire them.
I read and watched the "Simple Unipolar Stepper Motor Full Step Controller" posted on this website but it appears that they are using a 5 wire motor.
Can I use this same simple controlling circuit wth the (555 timer, 4017 Decade Counter and IRF540 )?  How do I connect the 4 wires?  How do I figure out what voltages to run my motor as there are no ratings on it?   Thank you, PeteC
This is what is on motors: NMB-MAT   PM25S-048-HVD9   4130046-01G TA7726F    (4 wire)
This is what is on motors: NMB-MAT   PM42S-048-HVB5   4123234-08 F TA7126C   (4 wire)
This is what is on motors: NMB-MAT   PM35S-048-HVB8   4125548-01 F TC9701D   (6 wire)
Minebea Electronics Co. LTD. made in Thialand

kam

• Administrator
Re: Wiring and Control Circuit for 4 wire stepper motors.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 22:10:25 PM »
The 6 wires stepper is probably unipolar so you can use the circuit you mentioned. There are 2 common wires that you will connect together.

As for the other 2, they must be bipolar. I currently have no circuit for bipolars. It is much harder than unipolars, but provide double the torque with the same motor size. I think that this article will help you:

How Stepper Motors Work

In the 3rd page you will also find the different connections (4-5-6-8 wires)

PeteC

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 22:32:42 PM »
Yes, I saw page three, but with out a circuit diagram I'm not sure how to wire it and/or the step sequence. Any info on the H-bridge?

PeteC

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 13:06:39 PM »
Yes, I saw page three, but with out a circuit diagram I'm not sure how to wire it and/or the step sequence. Any info on the H-bridge?

PeteC

unfortunately i don't have any info regarding h-bridge.