Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Reballing and Reflow soldering station and process???  (Read 1827 times)

thanosgen

Reballing and Reflow soldering station and process???
« on: August 03, 2012, 07:15:51 AM »
hi. I want to buy a soldering a station to make reflow and reballing motherboard and iphone chips. Do you use any specific soldering station???
Also i need to learn the process to make it. Do you know any information about this? I need a cheep equipment around 100 to 400 euros.
The most chips is BGA as I know.

Can you suggest me something???

kam

• Administrator
Re: Reballing and Reflow soldering station and process???
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 17:31:29 PM »
I recently (6 months ago) got an Aoyue because it was best value for money between the cheap equipment. I got the 968 series which has also a soldering iron with temp control. The soldering iron is cheap quality, so i do not recommend. As for the hot-air gun, it has remote air pump (do not get one with the pump built in the gun).

Pros: Cheap (i think that you can get one for 100 euro)
Cons: Obviously it has some software glitches, but you can certainly live with them.

i'm still convinced that there are not many options to get between the aoyue (amateur cheap equipment) and the weller (pro expensive), at least for the greek market.

Harhus

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 17:34:52 PM »
This is what we have at my work place

http://www.daxcell.net/Gordak-952a-142

and i dont think u will find cheaper then this, this is best buy between performance and price and i must say this thing does awesome job i even bought one for my self u can use weller parts as spares everything fits so i dont know just my opinion

also there is a lot of room in there i had to open it so im planing to add display to show me temperature and some better control +-5% is good enough but u know ...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 17:41:26 PM by Harhus »

Harhus

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 08:46:40 AM »
damn this Aoyue is only 10 euros more from gordak :( why didnt u mention this brand earlier kam.

definetly go for Aoyue  i bet its same inside as gordak but more pimped control electronics and air meter digital display ...

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 20:43:44 PM »
Remember what i said: It is reasonable good as a heat gun, but the soldering iron is damn cheap!