Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Could someone help me create a simple pcb with outlined components  (Read 4884 times)

christico50

Hello all!  Firstly I am a newbie to PCB design and this website, but I find it fascinating, I am looking forward to designing more complex boards in the future. At the moment however I have a simple PCB design I am struggling with. If you could help me with this, please see the attached file, there are several gray areas:

1. The correct resister to use along with tolerance.
2. How to connect(I have spade connectors) the 2100HVAC 1.05uF capacitor to the PCB (I have this)
3. Do I use the Diode I received with the 2100HVAC capacitor.

Any help would be extremely appreciated, thanks in advance.

cheerio

Re: Could someone help me create a simple pcb with outlined components
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 04:35:32 AM »
I do not really get what you are asking for....

christico50

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 13:12:04 PM »
it is a circuit board to be used for a permanent magnet generator. I have bridge rectifiers and a capacitor. Let me show you the full specification, it may make it easier to understand. And sorry I should have made it easier to understand in the first place; it is according to the manual easy to achieve. But I am really struggling with the circuit board part, I have the circuit board but I haven't marked it out yet. Please see attached and thanks for responding so quickly.

christico50

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 13:26:57 PM »
This is the capacitor, the spade connectors are giving me an headache because I don't know how to connect them to the board as in the diagram. Also the Diode is attached this as a ring connector and a spade connector. I see on the PCB diagram that this is hosted on the board separately, should I take the ends off and solder it? Confused at the moment with this, please help.

christico50

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 13:27:58 PM »
This is a side view of the capacitor also

cheerio

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 13:46:57 PM »
I would solder another wire on the spare connector. Then i would solder both wires on the PCB. should be the easiest way.

christico50

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 16:03:22 PM »
there are two male spade connectors for each terminal on the capacity. Do you reckon using just one of each would be ok?

christico50

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 16:04:21 PM »
and thanks again!

christico50

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 16:05:53 PM »
almost forgot what wire would you use? I got copper, what do you think?

christico50

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 16:14:00 PM »
the wire you can see coming off the capacitor is a diode, should I use receptacle connectors on the capacitor terminal(just one of each from the positive and negative) and use the diode as in the diagram. it would make sense in terms of power for the capacitor(I think the diode stops the power going back the other way, thus keeping maximum power in the capacitor) the capacitor is discharged at the moment, so its all safe.

Is there a double connector for the two spade terminals into one connector. That could be soldered, do you know of any you could recommend?

and as always thanks again.

cheerio

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 21:08:28 PM »
you can use connectors like these:
it should be no problem to connect only 1 contact on both terminals.
But are you sure the capacitor does not already have the resistor included?

you can remove the diode and solder it directly to you pcb.

christico50

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 23:48:35 PM »
not sure about the resistor but will include one, that's a good question actually. Going off the size and power of the capacitor would you go for a higher tolerance on the resistor or not? Again I really appreciate this and i will try to give back what i have received already, eventually!

christico50

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 23:59:08 PM »
it's been a while since i programmed any masm and the PIC. interrupt programming int 21 style  heheheh, could get back into tho, maybe I could help this way. I got those connectors must be a sign.

cheerio

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 00:04:05 AM »
measure the resistance of the capacitor. if you measure in the first seconds roughly the resistor value you expect then it  should have the resistor already included. If not, then you need to know how much power the resistor has to absorb. I think this fact is more important than the resistance tolerance.

christico50

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 00:55:08 AM »
it is i agree will let you know, testing within the next day or two, thanks cheerio you is top shelf!