Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Interfacing with computer  (Read 1649 times)

suryaksamy

Interfacing with computer
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:45 AM »
I have done a project for speed control of a small dc motor. Now i'm working on a project to control power factor. In all these i'm not fully satisfied with what i've done because they don't have a product like finish. I want my projects to be like a product which i get from a store. One of the reasons for that i feel is, interfacing with computer.

I don't know how to interface my hardware with computer and control it through computer. For example take my speed control project. Its a simple standard speed control (no feedback). i want to interface it with computer, design a software and operate it through that. But i dont have any idea how to do that.

So how to do that? What are all the things i should learn?

Thank You.

kam

• Administrator
Re: Interfacing with computer
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:24:52 AM »
The answer is 2 words: Microcontrollers  and serial interface (USB or RS232). This is the long road, but it is the one thats going to give you infinite flexibility.

Other way is to get a USART chip and interface it through an RS232 or a USB to RS232,

cheerio

Re: Interfacing with computer
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 13:26:13 PM »
go for a FTDI FT232RL chip. It is very easy to use and gives you a USB interface. On you board it supplys a UART/USART interface. With this you can Control your Hardware pretty easy.