Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: IR Light activated relay to switch 12 volt DC  (Read 2435 times)

Geoff

IR Light activated relay to switch 12 volt DC
« on: October 10, 2012, 20:32:45 PM »
Hi every one, I've just found you. Been looking for a site like this for ages!. The thing is, I know absolutely nothing about electronics but need to know what to use for the design of an invention of mine. I need to switch a 12 v DC supply by a relay that would be energized by the light of a 12v DC IR LED. I hope I've made myself clear and would very much appreciate anyone's input. Thank you for your time. Yours,...Geoff.     

kam

• Administrator
Re: IR Light activated relay to switch 12 volt DC
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 00:18:47 AM »
Maybe something like this?

http://www.pcbheaven.com/circuitpages/Long_Range_IR_Beam_Break_Detector/

This circuit can do what you want. For what application you want this???

Geoff

Re: IR Light activated relay to switch 12 volt DC
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 17:34:05 PM »
Hi Kam, and thanks for your reply. The design in the link is not what I'm looking for. I suppose I'll just have to pay for the services of an expert. My invention is a safety device, sorry I can't be more specific as I cannot give any info away as this will stop me from registering the design if it gets that far.