Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Repair Fried TV Motherboard  (Read 1730 times)

dark04templar

• Cadet
Repair Fried TV Motherboard
« on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:48 AM »
Hi All,

First post wondering if someone could give me a few tips.  I have solder mod chips that's the extent of my PCB experience.  The apartment I move into has old electrical and an outlet was wired wrong.  Long story short a receiver, TV and computer are damaged.  I took a photo of the TV motherboard.  I wanted to try to fix it.  I have looked over both the power supply board and computer board this is the only damage I could find.  I think it is a transistor that is cracked, I am hoping that the trace wires are not damaged.  I have searched high and low for the writing "LF" could not find that part anywhere.

I think the part is a transistor because of three contracts have tested with multimeter acts like a transistor.

The mother board is from a 32" LG, the model number on the board is "EAX61352203"

Here is a image of the burned transistor.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16602900/2012-11-26_22-13-23_295.jpg

I could buy the board online for around $80, decided to try here first.

Thanks for any help for suggestions.

kam

• Administrator
Re: Repair Fried TV Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 13:50:57 PM »
i can see the 2 Resistors, the resistor -capacitor and then the Q802 must be the fried part. Q can be a transistor... BJT or mosfet? I do not think that they would mark Q for a double diode package, so i also put my money on transistor. Try to re-create the schematic of the transistor by removing it and tracing the lines a few parts away (not the whole board of course) and then you may find some clue what sort of transistor it is.