Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: digital poti question  (Read 1745 times)

cheerio

digital poti question
« on: December 31, 2012, 17:49:25 PM »
Hi,
i need a digital poti that survives ~24V on its resistor terminals. All digital potis i found do only survive the operating voltage of the chip on their resistor terminals. Are there any digital potis for my application or do i have to make a resistor array myself?
The voltage applied to the resistor terminals is between 0V and 24V. I found some potis that work with ~30V supply voltage but i would like to use ~5V supply voltage and still use 0V-24V on the resistor terminals? any chance?

thank you in advance
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:46:07 AM by cheerio »

kam

• Administrator
Re: digital poti question
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:52:19 AM »
I've never met such a digital pot! Maybe you can interface it with a transistor?

_pike

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:56:36 AM »
Check on page 18......
i Think that will suit your requierments.

http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD5290.pdf

cheerio

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 18:33:30 PM »
Check on page 18......
i Think that will suit your requierments.

http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD5290.pdf
was looking at this already. the problem here is that the input voltage can drop to <1V and the poti won't work with that afaik. Thats why i would love a fixed supply voltage. i think i will make a resistor array :/