Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: RC PWM conversion  (Read 2448 times)

GaMtnMan

• Cadet
RC PWM conversion
« on: September 28, 2014, 19:26:56 PM »
Hello,

I'm trying to accomplish something similar to the OP question but not as complicated.  I would like to use the PWM output of the R/C Rx to control two relays (or MOSFETS).  Basically I want to create a SPDT switch that reacts to the Forward-Neutral-Back position of the stick on the R/C Tx.  I know this would be easy to do using a PIC but I would have to get educated on PIC's before I could do that, which is a possibility but not my first choice.  I have a basic knowledge of electronics.

EDIT:  I think I found what I'm looking for...a low-pass filter with a window comparator circuit.  Still open for suggestions though.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 16:33:06 PM by GaMtnMan »

kam

• Administrator
Re: RC PWM conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:30:36 AM »
--- SPLIT TOPIC BY ADMIN ---

Hello GaMtnMan,
Low pass filter is one solution although you have to make a very good filter with more than one stage.
I'd rather suggest a digital solution (Not with microcontroller). A clock feeds a counter for as long as the positive pulse is on. When the negative pulse of the PWM arrives, the counter resets. After taking a count (how long the duration is), then you have a digital comparator to compare the result.

Optimal solution is with a microcontroller though.