Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Resistive touch switch  (Read 2068 times)

waynec42

• Cadet
Resistive touch switch
« on: October 13, 2014, 13:40:51 PM »
Hi,

Can anyone help me with component values for making a simple resistive touch switch?

I am a drummer and an electrician. I studied electronics years ago but have never used it in practice, so although I understand how things can work, I don't know how to design circuits. I want to make a switch for choking an electronic cymbal. It simply needs to short the tip and sleeve of a plug to work. I want it to operate off copper strips on the bottom of the cymbal so when I grab the, my finger activates the circuit and turns on the transistor.

So what happens is - I hit the cymbal, it triggers the crash sound via a piezo mounted on the cymbal, then I grab the cymbal where the copper strips are and voila, the cymbal chokes stopping the crash sound - just as a real cymbal would do.

I refer to the wikipage - http://www.pcbheaven.com/wikipages/How_a_Touch_Button_works/

I hope to get this circuit to work for me.

Hope all that makes sense.

kam

• Administrator
Re: Resistive touch switch
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 18:57:32 PM »
Hello!
Here is the resistance touch switch circuit explained: DIY Resistance Touch Button