Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Automatized change of rotation for a bidirectional motor controller  (Read 2166 times)

trides27

Hello!

I need to make a dc motor goes automatically to the right and then to the left and (like a pendulum), this is for move automaticaly my new born baby Stroller!

I found and make this fantastic circuit from http://www.pcbheaven.com/userpages/Flexible_555_LED_Pulsing_Circuit/

and I need to combine to the input (replacing the Voltage divider and potenciometer) of this circuit :

(I not buy this kit, I make it in a breadboard) :P

Then I mixed the circuits adding diferents values resistors as I show below but is not working like i think it was going to work...

I tried many ways, conecting in diferent points of the transistor T2 (led circuit) to the 3 pin of the lm324 but the motor still not working like i want, it keep stucked or only go to one side,  also the motor controller circuit produces like interference on the led circuit.

I dont know how to mix both circuits and Im stucked with this project! I need your help! Thanks a lot!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:47:11 PM by trides27 »

kam

• Administrator
Re: Automatized change of rotation for a bidirectional motor controller
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 12:52:45 PM »
Hello. This particular breathing circuit is not the number #1 choice for your application but still it should work for you. I see that you try to interface my circuit to the H bridge circuit using a CE transistor while i'd rather use an emitter follower because you do not want any voltage amplification.
Provide the 12V directly to the collector of the transistor without any resistor. Then, connect the PLUS input of the IC1:A to the emitter of the transistor. Then you will need to add a resistor from the emitter down to the ground. You need to test some values. Begin with a 2.2Kohm, then try like 4K7, 10K, 22K...

trides27

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 13:31:28 PM »
Hello. This particular breathing circuit is not the number #1 choice for your application but still it should work for you. I see that you try to interface my circuit to the H bridge circuit using a CE transistor while i'd rather use an emitter follower because you do not want any voltage amplification.
Provide the 12V directly to the collector of the transistor without any resistor. Then, connect the PLUS input of the IC1:A to the emitter of the transistor. Then you will need to add a resistor from the emitter down to the ground. You need to test some values. Begin with a 2.2Kohm, then try like 4K7, 10K, 22K...

Thanks for your answer! I'm going to try that!

Could you tell me please what other circuit (more efective) do you suggest for my application?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 19:55:10 PM by trides27 »

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 19:50:15 PM »
a sin wave generator  8)