Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Cannot find this PCB  (Read 1595 times)

joel ashley

• Cadet
Cannot find this PCB
« on: April 29, 2015, 02:07:52 AM »
I have a couple of older outdoor solar lamps in a pagoda style.  Needless to say corrosion does in battery contacts and the circuit board isn't exactly sealed up, and the solar panels fade.  I repaired one with a new panel and cleaned up its wires and board, but the second unit lost one of its SMR's (surface mount resistor) somewhere along the line.

From the good unit I could make out that the SMR in question says "1101" on it, but due to the small digits and nature of their font, it could be "1011".  I am no electronics expert, and just learning enough now so that I can often repair my older electronic devices.  I've improved my soldering equipment and techniques, but still run into head-scratching issues like this.

It was suggested that I look online for a schematic of the board, but entering the characters visible on it turned up nothing.  I include photos of the good lamp's PCB so that perhaps someone with experience can interpret which surface mount resistor I should try to get;  it's at position R3.  I'm also having no luck finding SMR's locally, and sites like Element 14 have a confusing array of components with technicals I'm in no position to interpret;  so a clue as to where I could get a replacement for R3 would be much appreciated.

-Joel
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:09:46 AM by joel ashley »

cheerio

Re: Cannot find this PCB
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:34:44 AM »
if in doubt measure it :)

kam

• Administrator
Re: Cannot find this PCB
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 12:54:49 PM »
it is 1101, 1K1, or 1,1 KOh,