Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: PIoneer car cassette controlled by Raspberry Pi  (Read 1793 times)

XImo

• Cadet
PIoneer car cassette controlled by Raspberry Pi
« on: August 27, 2015, 20:32:10 PM »
Hi,

i've a project to control my old Pioneer P6900 Car cassette player by Raspberry Pi.

My mainly purposes are:
  • Display info in the Raspberry Pi Display. (Radio station , settings,...)
  • Control Radio cassette by the Raspberry Pi, thus Raspberry Pi must be capable to send orders to the cassette player.

For the first point, based on the article of this website http://www.pcbheaven.com/exppages/Hacking_a_Pioneer_Car_Cassette_Player/ i have decoded the signal that the microcontroller send to the LCD driver. I am capable to decode the binary bytes sent to the LCD Driver but my mainly problem is that i am not able to read this signal in the Raspberry Pi.

I'm decoding signal with a logic analizer and i obtain follow signal:

- 32 bytes received each 0'4879s. When you push any button this cycle is broken to refresh the lcd.
- 2 bytes for each character or group of segments.

I'm trying to do a program in C to read this signal but mainly problem is that i don't know how to do it. I don't  know if i must to read GPIB input each some microseconds or maybe if i must to detect when signal change from high to low. I don't know how logic analyzer interpretes signal to translate it.

Someone can help me? If someone could guide me to the best choice or the best way to do it will be great.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 17:19:41 PM by XImo »