Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Questions about the PCB Photographic Method  (Read 4522 times)

Spork Schivago

Re: Questions about the PCB Photographic Method
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 05:16:31 AM »
I just sent the owner of the design an e-mail and asked him if he didn't mind sharing if he could tell me where he buys them at.   I'll let you know if he replies.

Digikey has some surface mount ones that have similar viewing angles.   I don't know if the wavelengths are within specifications or not.  I know surface mount ones would probably look real nice.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?pv183=7553&pv551=42&pv551=43&pv551=44&pv551=45&pv551=259&pv551=47&pv551=49&pv551=52&pv551=55&pv551=74&FV=fff40008%2Cfff80028&k=uv+led&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=0&page=1&quantity=0&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=500
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:20:40 AM by Spork Schivago »

Spork Schivago

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 20:32:30 PM »
The owner of the design got back to me via e-mail today.   He says this is information he does not wish to share.   He says, "As a business I can not afford to share my suppliers."   You cannot really blame him there I guess.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 01:17:27 AM »
my first guess though is alibaba  ;)

Spork Schivago

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 04:34:10 AM »
Yeah, I tried ordering from them but had extreme difficulties.   Every time, it said I had to share some business card thing and request a quote from the dealers.   I never dealt with any actual manufacturers.   Supposedly, the company would send them my information and the company selling the stuff was supposed to get back in touch with me, but they never did.   Perhaps it was another website I was thinking of that sounds similar?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
Well, there is always ebay if you can't work it out with alibaba. But I've ordered many times from alibaba, every time with success, never had a problem.

Now that i think of it again... Yeah it is not alibaba, it is aliexpress...
I order from aliexpress. Go ahead and try it

Spork Schivago

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 22:55:27 PM »
Wow, that's really cheap prices.  Do you know if they except PayPal?   Also, I wish I could find a way to filter by stuff like wavelength or viewing angle.   Other than that, that seems like an amazing site.   Really inexpensive UV leds.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 09:36:05 AM »
EBay always accepts PayPal (and PayPal alone). In aliexpress you will find some who accept PayPal as well.

Spork Schivago

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 01:57:04 AM »
Thanks Kam!   I almost always use E-Bay.   For electronics though, some of the stuff, especially if it's coming from overseas, takes FOREVER!!! to get here to the states!  I had my information stolen twice.   It wasn't because I sent stuff over the internet or anything like that though.   I was in the Marine Corps and they sent me a letter saying a laptop was stolen that had all my info on it and then it happened again.

They gave me like 4 years each time of some identity protection for free, but it opened my eyes a little and now I try to take preventive measures where I can.   Like I'd rather have it where just PayPal has my credit card info instead of a bunch of companies having it stored on their PCs.  Sometimes though, I just can't use PayPal because what I need, where it's being sold, they don't accept it.   Whenever I can though, I try to use it.