Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  
 Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Static electricity  (Read 3817 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
Static electricity
« on: May 05, 2008, 22:47:53 PM »
This is a tricky question that i hav not find an answer.

If we charge a big isolated object with huge amount of static electricity and then ground it with a wire to ground, there will be a spark showing that we have electricity flowing through the wire. Now if this (very very bug, almost huge) object is grounded through a lamp (and a resistor if nessesary) it should light the lamp. Is this correct or not? :-\


  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1849
Re: Static electricity
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 18:05:15 PM »
Yes correct. But only of you manage to charge a really HUGE and i mean HUGE object. It is the charge that is  not enough to light the bulb. The current is instantly (and theoretically) infinite. It could actually burn the lamp :)