Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Monitor is waving bye bye  (Read 3989 times)

3Nitry

Monitor is waving bye bye
« on: August 27, 2008, 01:47:36 AM »
Hello

It has hapen the last days. My monitor (crt) gets green or orange. I mean, imagine it goes like you put a semi-trensparent green filter infront of it. Everything goes like green.

Now the solution: I hit it and it is ok.

Is it something easy to fix? Or should i get new?

The monitor is a Samsung 19''

I am almost sure you will all laght and tell me to change it but, someone may have live the same thing and maybe a wire change makes all good.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
Re: Monitor is waving bye bye
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:28:27 AM »
Either your screens "guns" are failing or you have a strong magnetic field interfering.
Try to move any speakers, subwoofer or other electronics away from your screen, if it has a degauss button use it  :), disconnect the screen from power and pc and leave it about 15 min for the charges to fade off, reconnect and see if anything changed.
If none of the above works then, either your green gun is demagnetized or the blue and red are fading, in older screens (how old is yours) if you open the cover in the pcb should be some potensiometers to try and regulate the intensity of the guns. An electronic tecnician can rejuvenate or remagnetize it if they're not dead allready. If the screen is on warranty take it back otherwise consider buying a new lcd since the cost of them nowdays is very low.  Good luck  :).

3Nitry

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 01:30:59 AM »
Thanks spicom for the advoce. I will do this with the potensiometers.  ;)

SgtWookie

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:39:30 AM »
This might be caused by a "dirty" or intermittent pot that controls the green gun; but it is more likely that you have a loose connection between your computer's video card and the monitor.

Check the connection where it plugs into your computer's video card first.  I suspect that it was plugged in without the screws being tightened down, and the connector has partially disconnected from the video board.

It's possible that your symptoms are heat related.  If you haven't cleaned out the "dust bunnies" from the insides of your computer in the last six months, it's time.  Open up the case, and use compressed air to get all of the dust out.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 16:14:45 PM »
Sgt is right but i considered dusting and checking for loose connections as things that had been done.
Nevertheless that's the power of forums, what one forgets or lacks the other suplements it.  ;)

3Nitry

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 20:41:49 PM »
Well, i think it is dead. But thanks anyway all you for helping me. You are very kind  :-*