Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Question  (Read 4975 times)

spic0m

• Global Moderator
Question
« on: September 02, 2008, 13:21:25 PM »
First of all a big BRAVO to stamatis. :)

Now the question. Have anyone heard of a program called Kipware ? http://www.kipware.com/
What it does is to eliminate the need of buying numerus post proccecors for different machines because it translates the "universal" commands to every machine specific ones. The only problem is that you have to enter the commands yourself. And i ask, does anyone know where to find or have the commands of woodworking cnc's, any brand any model?

stamatis

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 13:32:49 PM »
First of all a big BRAVO to stamatis. :)
Thanx  ;)

What it does is to eliminate the need of buying numerus post proccecors for different machines because it translates the "universal" commands to every machine specific ones.
So this is a drawing program with plenty post processors? Or what?

The only problem is that you have to enter the commands yourself.
And you call this "the only problem"? It's a Major problem

And i ask, does anyone know where to find or have the commands of woodworking cnc's, any brand any model?
... :-\

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 14:17:44 PM »
I know its a major problem but imagine you have one cad softaware and want to produce parts for several (not same brand) cnc's on your store, eitrher you get this or pay for multiple post proccecors. I agree is very difficult to make the commands conversion but i think it worths the try. I'll check it better and inform you.

stamatis

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 10:08:03 AM »
This software is free? Because if not, you may get any software with multi-pp and have the same functions.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 13:41:03 PM »
No it's not free but the cost i think is around 100 euro or dollars , i don't recall now. It's cheaper than post proccecors i think.

kammenos

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 18:18:45 PM »
No it's not free but the cost i think is around 100 euro or dollars , i don't recall now. It's cheaper than post proccecors i think.

That would be a fair deal. I know software that cost 3000 and even more, up to 50.000 !!!

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 21:21:07 PM »
Correct, that's why i think it might worth all that trouble of converting the commands. If you do it one time for every machine then the rest is nothing and you saved a considerable amount of money.