Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Error corection  (Read 13182 times)

Mercury

Re: Error corection
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 11:57:08 AM »
JESUS this is i think too complicated for me. I will use only the simple method from supernova.

It is most possible that if you use a simple error correction and not something complicated, your construction will fail. There must be a quick "chat" between sender and receiver before the receiver goes into action.

d_click

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 22:03:23 PM »
JESUS this is i think too complicated for me. I will use only the simple method from supernova.

It is most possible that if you use a simple error correction and not something complicated, your construction will fail. There must be a quick "chat" between sender and receiver before the receiver goes into action.

Hamming code is simple? It is not! And why do i need to have a "chat"? Is there something needed for this?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 14:03:17 PM »
You need the chat because you need to be sure if the receiver has really received the data you sent. You do not want to fail. Because if you click to open the light and does not open is ok. But if you have an automation to shut the heater down and does not shut it with the first try what do you do? That is why u need the chat

Supernova

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 20:46:42 PM »
Hamming code IS simple and so is the "chat" thing we discuss. This is the protocol. You need to be sure that the receiver heard you...

d_click

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 20:04:07 PM »
Can i use the build in features of a pic to have a connection without problem or this is not possible?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 08:21:58 AM »
Can i use the build in features of a pic to have a connection without problem or this is not possible?

Of course you can, but this will not elimenate the errors.

Supernova

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 23:10:36 PM »
The RS232 has the odd and even error correction but i do not think this is what you really need. After all, when you connect a device to computer, the communication is 2-way. Except of course some old printers

d_click

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 13:39:41 PM »
But i can use the RS232 protocol for this chat?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 01:05:09 AM »
Of course you can. As long as you have a clear chat. But this protocol is used basically for between host and client communication, not a host with multi client communication. You should try something else instead.

Mercury

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 23:25:17 PM »
If you are trying to avoid making a good protocol, then you should make a smaller project like a sender and receiver for example, ton a net with 100 pics connected because you will fail 100% and maybe disappointed.

d_click

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 17:25:39 PM »
Maybe i should try something easier for a beginning. You are right. :/

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 10:04:20 AM »
Try first some pic 2 pic interconnection or even IR transiever and then go on. One step at a time