Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Question for PCB manufacturing  (Read 11406 times)

Alex

Question for PCB manufacturing
« on: December 04, 2007, 23:00:23 PM »
This is my first post in this forum and so I first would like to welcome you all.

My question is regarding the manufacturing of a PCB. Ok, I have the e-diagram and the pcb layout. But I want to make it as small as possible and using the permanent pen method this is not possible. I have heard about the photographic method. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanx guys

kam

• Administrator
Re: Question for PCB manufacturing
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 01:00:12 AM »
Hallo Alex.
Using the photographic method is quite easy and very precise. You will only need one laser monochrome printer, one transparent film to print your PCB (this film must be designed for using with laser printers), a special PCB with a photosensitive layer (can be found almost in any store) and some chemicals.

You can find a detailed description for this method right in our site. Check this link
Search the left side bar for the link Manufacturing PCBs.

Have fun
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 15:14:26 PM by kam »

kostas

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 23:00:45 PM »
If you want, you can use self-transfer method to make your pcb directly to the copper. This is also a very precise method and also is easy and fast.

Alex

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 23:47:12 PM »
I know this method and I tried it once. I did not get the results that I expected

kostas

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 15:12:20 PM »
What do you mean?

Alex

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 21:54:59 PM »
When I put the PCB to the liquit for etch some stickers went off the PCB and it was all ruined.

kostas

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 22:17:25 PM »
Then you should consider buying some better quality stickers. I use it very often and it never fails

Alex

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 21:46:21 PM »
Thank you Kostas. I will try the photographic method instead because I use some software for making the PCB and I thing it is much easier when you work with a pc software.

kostas

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 13:01:14 PM »
Yes you are right. This method is perfect for using with pc sotware!  ;)

Alex

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 19:12:44 PM »
I read your article. It is great! I test it already. Thanks Kam! Keep up the good work!

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 21:00:12 PM »
It makes me happy that you like it  ;D ;D ;D

kostas

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 10:48:50 AM »
Kam this method with toner transfer.. does it work? Have you test it? It seems a little bit strange. And very easy and cheap to be true.

Alex

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 11:25:23 AM »
you can work with the photographic method. It is great!

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 13:17:33 PM »
Kam this method with toner transfer.. does it work? Have you test it? It seems a little bit strange. And very easy and cheap to be true.
Of course it works. You can try it. Needs a little bit try and error but you will get some good results. After all, you will not need to destroy boards (as may happen with photographic method if youdo something wrong). If you have no good transfer, clean with acetone and restart. It is that easy  :) :)

ScubaCap

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 17:45:36 PM »
Kostas, it does work. Really good and cheap.