Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: question for woodworking router CNC - parametric programming  (Read 3227 times)

router_master

question for woodworking router CNC - parametric programming
« on: August 30, 2008, 17:27:25 PM »
Hello
I have already one post and i describe that i operate a BIMA310V router-edge banding machine made by IMA Germany. The software is Imawop, if you happen to know it.

The factory has start making doors made of MDF and wants me to make a list of drawings. I have heard about parametric programming, that using parameters you can make one drawing and use it for every dimensio. Is it real? How is this done?

spic0m

• Global Moderator
Re: question for woodworking router CNC - parametric programming
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 15:59:19 PM »
It is real, but to do it you must know at least the basics in geometry and some maths. If you want more complicated draws then you must know much better geometry. Geometry is not much, there are basic rules and types, the dificult part is to put them to work for you.  ;)