Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Need beginners help  (Read 5305 times)

Mosquito

Need beginners help
« on: March 04, 2008, 14:39:12 PM »
Hi again.

it looks like that i am below average here. I hope i do not drive you mad with my nooby questions.

I want to enter the world of PICs as i see there are several nice staff people can do. Can you suggest me a book/ebook or anything like this to start with pics?

Thankx again.

kam

• Administrator
Re: Need beginners help
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 15:08:03 PM »
Well, i first started reading the manual of a pic. You can start by reading the manual too, but choose first an easy PIC like 16F84. This is a simple PIC to start with. Also, do not try to make your own programmer as first. Get a cheap one and when you decide which pic you really like, then get the appropriate expensive programmer, or make you own then. Waste no time for beginning.

Read the manual here.

But if you have no experience with assembly at all, you may need to get some more help.

manley_V

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 23:55:36 PM »
The manual is very good. You will only need some exercise for programming. It can be really frustrating.

Mosquito

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 00:16:14 AM »
I get brainstorm!

Assembly is really tough afterall  :-\

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 23:01:14 PM »
No it is not hard. You need to get in touch with this sport and practice practice practice

manley_V

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 23:57:21 PM »
and of course, check out some ready made routines (choose only those who are well commented) and get some ideas. It will also help alot.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 21:27:35 PM »
and of course, check out some ready made routines (choose only those who are well commented) and get some ideas. It will also help alot.
I would not really say that so. If the routine is not for training purposes, it might get really hard to understand.
You only need to understand the philosophy and all others will come to you. Practice practice practice.
Start with easy routines like how to light a led or something like that.
Then continue with how to blink a led etc etc etc.

Erkeli

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 16:27:12 PM »
There are very good books. Check out either microchip or futurlec.com