Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: 1,500 ships to fight climate change?  (Read 5203 times)

spic0m

• Global Moderator
1,500 ships to fight climate change?
« on: September 08, 2008, 18:49:21 PM »
According to UK and U.S. researchers, it should be possible to fight the global warming effects associated with an increase of dioxide levels by using autonomous cloud-seeding ships to spray salt water into the air.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/emergingtech/?p=1030

Supernova

Re: 1,500 ships to fight climate change?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 22:52:27 PM »
Good, ok, they are scientist. But it looks to me as science fiction. Maybe it will work, but... I believe there will be great side effects from this.

A question. Can someone tell e how these ships are propeled and how these turbines for the water are propelled?

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 23:22:11 PM »
They still discusing the idea, when and if they decide to make it reality then i assume they resolve the "minor" technicalities. ;D

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 23:39:45 PM »
This would be like taking aspirins for the headache rather than stop hitting your head with the hammer. I hope they will find a more elegant more efficient and more eco-friendly solution.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 17:18:43 PM »
They only way i see to get rid of them is leave earth to destruct and start a new civilizitation.  :)

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 23:43:35 PM »
They only way i see to get rid of them is leave earth to destruct and start a new civilizitation.  :)
This WILL happen and maybe too fast.
This actually happens every some thousands years. it happened before, it will happen again. It may be a global flood, a comet, a global melt down, anything.

Supernova

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 16:07:53 PM »
They still discusing the idea, when and if they decide to make it reality then i assume they resolve the "minor" technicalities. ;D

I would not call the movement of a ship "minor technicality". It is not a bicycle. It is a ship, and plus it has those huge hoses that they also need a respectable amount of power to operate.

Mercury

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 12:19:12 PM »
He is talking about the far future that we will be able to have more efficient devices to produce power from sun or wind...

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 14:01:04 PM »
He is talking about the far future that we will be able to have more efficient devices to produce power from sun or wind...

It could also move with..... sails  ;)

Supernova

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 20:45:43 PM »
Such a HUGE ship with sails? It would be interesting to see it.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 22:51:38 PM »
Why sails and wait for wind to blow? A couple of hundred rowers and a whip will do the job.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D