Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: USB connection  (Read 5722 times)

BurpPilld

USB connection
« on: September 09, 2008, 20:05:01 PM »
I have make a project to connect to PC RS232.
My laptop does not happen to have an RS232. I may try some PS232 to USB converters but before i do, i search for USB HID devices. What i found was not very nice. A sheet of assembly just to connect with USB.

Is there something more simple than this, and more funny than a converter?

Thank you

kam

• Administrator
Re: USB connection
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 23:48:01 PM »
First of all, there are PIC micros that support USB connection in an easy way and they are very cheap to get. Go to the inventory of microchip and find them.

If you are too bored to do, then pay something more than this and get http://www.dontronics-shop.com/4d-micro-usb.html

BurpPilld

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 19:56:06 PM »
Thank you all.

Kam, can you please sent me a link with the PIC because i went to microchip but did not find it

Thank you all again

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:24:08 AM »

BurpPilld

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »
Has anyone use this USB pic? is it easy to operate?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 21:45:23 PM »
I am sorry i do not. But you can check microchip's tech data and application notes. it is almost sure that they will have some

Supernova

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 23:26:44 PM »
What kind of project are you making? Because you will need to make appropriate software in case you use USB. I would suggest you to use RS232 if the 9600b are good for you. It is much much simplier to use this protocol instead of USB. USB is easy in case you use it as HID *human interface devices AKA keyboard-mouse) otherwise drivers must be installed...