Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Motor control  (Read 7324 times)

Pest

Motor control
« on: September 10, 2008, 08:08:55 AM »
Is is possible to control an AC motor in a way that you may reduce the rpm significantly but still can provide the same output power? But not with gears. The controll must be with some kind of potensiometer.

serafino

Re: Motor control
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 20:42:23 PM »
I think that you need one inverter. The perfect way to control a motor . :)

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 16:46:46 PM »
Is is possible to control an AC motor in a way that you may reduce the rpm significantly but still can provide the same output power? But not with gears. The controll must be with some kind of potensiometer.

Do you happen to know what kind of motor is this?

Pest

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 22:19:40 PM »
It is a 3 phase motor with 6 wires for the 3 coills. Do i need to know more? The power is about 1,5 KWatt. I do not know more. What should i look for?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 14:05:38 PM »
It is a 3 phase motor with 6 wires for the 3 coills. Do i need to know more? The power is about 1,5 KWatt. I do not know more. What should i look for?

You could try an inverter. This is the best today for controlling motors.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 20:59:22 PM »
For such a small motor maybe the inverter cost more than the motor itself.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 22:13:13 PM »
But is the only way to have efficient control. For such a motor he could use an inverter 150-200 euros.

Pest

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 08:20:53 AM »
Any suggestion for good and cheap? And do i have to program it also?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 23:02:29 PM »
Good and cheap does not exist.

There are some good italian models that you could use and keep your wallet safe.
As for the programming, depending your application, you can need only a quick and easy parameter setup like acceleration-deceleration ramp, speed control input, max speed etc etc etc. A complete inexperienced can 'program' an inverter from a scratch within less than an hour. A 'first time i see this thing' man, may need some 4-5 hours to understand what he is folding and what he can do, and then an hour to program it. It is that easy. Keep the golden rule RTFM and frankly, you will make it work.

Supernova

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 23:35:20 PM »

There are some good italian models that you could use and keep your wallet safe.
As for the programming, depending your application, you can need only a quick and easy parameter setup like acceleration-deceleration ramp, speed control input, max speed etc etc etc. A complete inexperienced can 'program' an inverter from a scratch within less than an hour. A 'first time i see this thing' man, may need some 4-5 hours to understand what he is folding and what he can do, and then an hour to program it. It is that easy. Keep the golden rule RTFM and frankly, you will make it work.

RTFM? Is it something i am missing here?

Pest

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 17:19:16 PM »
I will give it a shot. Thanks mate  ;)

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 19:50:01 PM »
Read The F***ing Manual Supernova.  ;D

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 10:09:31 AM »

RTFM? Is it something i am missing here?

Anytime  ;)