Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Simple program  (Read 10599 times)

Mosquito

Simple program
« on: February 17, 2008, 12:54:20 PM »
Greetz
Do you know any good and easy software to use for making simple PCB’s?

Alex

Re: Simple program
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 18:09:06 PM »
I use the Eagle PCB and it is very easy and reliable

Erkeli

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 21:17:11 PM »
There are lots of software all over the market. What do you really want to do?

Mosquito

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 23:53:07 PM »
Well actually it will be my first time to make a pcb using a software. Until now I use a pen to draw the pcb on the copper directly but I cannot make any fancy good looking pcb’s. I want to have a start to something more ‘professional’. You understand.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 21:12:49 PM »
Well mosquito, Eagle PCB is as I believe quite easy for a beginner and there is also a version free to test with some limitations regarding the size and the part numbers per pcb. But I believe is best for you.

Supernova

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 19:35:16 PM »
Orcad I use and I like it a lot. Huge library. But I think is not very easy for a beginner.

Erkeli

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 20:12:37 PM »
Yes you are right. Orcad is very good and very hard. Mosquito do not start with orcad. And also it is not free

Mosquito

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 23:05:39 PM »
Does anybody know where can I find this Eagle PCB?

Supernova

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 15:57:12 PM »
Hey man! Google for it!

Mosquito

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 23:27:42 PM »
Lol! Yes sure. Thanx guys!

Erkeli

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 00:54:16 AM »

ScubaCap

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 17:47:15 PM »
Do you want just to draw PCB or you want to draw the schematic and then have the PCB from the schematic? There are cheaper and more easy programs that are used just to draw PCBs. But nothing more. Only PCBs. No schematic and then transfer to PCB...

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 19:58:14 PM »
Do you want just to draw PCB or you want to draw the schematic and then have the PCB from the schematic? There are cheaper and more easy programs that are used just to draw PCBs. But nothing more. Only PCBs. No schematic and then transfer to PCB...

Well i think that there is a version of Eagle that is free and has only limitations in pins and dimensions but for beginning is very good. Bothering with just a PCB drawing software worths not the time that he will waste. It's better to start with a good software because if he don;t he will probably do the same job twice in the future

Mosquito

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 21:09:39 PM »
I want to make schematic and then automatically transfer it to PCB. I just will arrange the parts and the lines will be automatically drawn. I suppose this Eagle can do it e?

manley_V

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 21:18:03 PM »
Mosquito try it. It will fit you.