Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Simple program  (Read 10270 times)

Mosquito

Re: Simple program
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 00:41:41 AM »
Well, it looks like that i will need some practice first. I did d/load it and i am testing it.
it looks very nice. But i still cannot make a pcb  :( :( :(

It is sure something that i do wrong. I see the parts and the connections between them but i see no board yet. I will keep on trying

Thanx dudes

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »
practice makes perfect

but if you need anything just ask.

Ivey

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 17:19:35 PM »
Making a PCB is a very easy task if you know how to proceed. The question is, will you be making the board yourself or will you farm it out?

And..., if you are going to make it yourself, which method will you be using? Toner transfer or film?

Film is the best, yet it cost more to get started. And to get good results.

Toner transfer is cheap, and you only get better with practice. Besides, you need less equipment and materials.

As far as software is concern. Express PCB is one of the best for beginners.
As you get better at it, you will discover that you can do a great many things with it. Including using it to draw mech. drawings. And it is not limited in board size or pins. Plus u can use it to make a four layer board, three layer boards, two layer boards and singles.

I use Express PCB and I have large library files, which I posted on DIY Audio. Express PCB is free, put u can only use it to do toner transfer or film. You can not produce gerber files. But if you catalog your drawings. You will not need them if you do film or transfer.

The other side of Express PCB, is, that you can have the people at Express PCB make your boards for you.

Eagle is a good program, yet its size limitation will harm you, when your desire to produce larger boards come into play. As well, Eagle is not so easy to learn. For some people, it is a snap. For others, it is confusing.

Also, if you become good at using Eagle, you get yourself into the position of having to spend hundreds, to thousands of dollars; to upgrade to better features.

Even thou you start out at a mere $50.00 dollars using Eagle Lite commerically, once you get comfortable with Eagle, as your go to eda, your hooked into a system that will cost you a great deal to continue using to design bigger and better boards.

You can avoid all of that with Express PCB.

But you want a good commercial EDA program to start out on. Choose Sprint or Target 3000 v.15. Of the two, Target 3000 v.15, is really the best of all. It has unlimited size on boards, it pins limit is 250, and it gives you the Electra autorouter free up to 250 pins

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 18:41:42 PM »
absolutely agree with ivey about eagle. I use eagle as well, i am very comfortable with it (from the first time), and now i draw very complicated PCB with ease, but my demands are growing and eagle needs a LOT of money (really, LOT) for upgrades, which i am not willing to give, not a chance.  I discourage all to work with eagle, unless you get a full version. IMO though, it is simple and quite powerful to use.