Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Algebra boole  (Read 7412 times)

CO2

Algebra boole
« on: September 16, 2008, 22:30:48 PM »
This is a question that bothers me the last days. I am trying to learn algebra boole in order to learn to design digital circuits using IC. But i really do not get the whole point. How does algebra boole may help to design?

Supernova

Re: Algebra boole
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 21:23:15 PM »
It will be great help when you know how to design and you want for example to make something smaller with less parts doing the same job, but it will not help bu itself to help you learn how to design.

CO2

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 21:27:37 PM »
And how can man start?

Supernova

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 23:13:07 PM »
Get a book with series 4000 or series 74 and have some great fun working with 7-segs and counters. This is easy and fun.

you can find the pinouts here:
4000 series pinout
74 series pinout

Mercury

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 08:32:57 AM »
I would better recomend you start with learning the flip flop. Make for example an LED flasher. That would be easier. Use a JK-FF and wire it as toggle f-f

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 22:54:51 PM »
Look CO2...

You really need to understand gates and especially this NAND gate. You should start with simple gate chips. Try the 74ls00, 02, 08, and 32. Try to understand how they work and how to use the truth tables etc etc etc. That will be a really good start to work with ICs.

Then, if you feel sure that you clearly understand gates, you may proceed to the flip flop. It would be not wise to start with flip flop as you may be in danger to quit before even start.

Mercury

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 23:22:00 PM »
1-2 more replies and he will start from how to put batteries into flashlights

Supernova

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 23:14:30 PM »
Kam is right. Should start from simple things like gates

CO2

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 23:39:22 PM »
Please help. I got one of each chip kam said but... i do not know what to do with them. How to connect them?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 23:39:38 PM »
Please help. I got one of each chip kam said but... i do not know what to do with them. How to connect them?

Which one you got?