Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Triangle and angles  (Read 4476 times)

ScubaCap

Triangle and angles
« on: March 13, 2008, 00:24:57 AM »
This is very dificult for me and i need your help.

You have a triangle, any kind of triangle. None of the sides are equal but you know all of them.
You do not know any of the angles. What i need is to calculate them.

I really cannot find any way to do it. Allways i miss of something. Please help  :-\

FelIX

Re: Triangle and angles
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 23:17:03 PM »
Is it possible to draw a line from one corner to the opposite side of this corner and this line would be perpendicular? If you know in which point this line cuts the other, then the solution is easy using the Pythagorean.

manley_V

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 00:12:16 AM »
t=(a+b+c)/2

E=t*(t-a)*(t-b)*(t-c)

Now that you have the area (E) of the triangle, you can calculate the height of one side:

E=b*h/2 where b=base and h = the height of this base to it's opposite corner.

Using this height and one side (you now have a normal triangle) you can calculate all corners, sides etc etc etc

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 21:36:51 PM »
In complement, use manley_V's formula for the following triangle.

For formula E=b*h/2, replace b with side a and h will give you the length of AD.

The normal triangle that you can start calculations is for example the ADB with D=90 degrees. The corner B can be calculated as:
Sin(B)=AD/AB
Same calculate corner C.

To calculate corner A, just use A=180-B-C.

So simple! Geometry rules!

tpone

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 02:45:40 AM »
You know what is best with geometry? It is when you put it to work. It's the absolute marvel of the tangible results when you have proven theory! Yes it is nice  ::)