Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: How to calculate the angle of each corner on any n-angle with same angles  (Read 5095 times)

jack_in-a_box

It is me again  ;D

i think i like your forum. You gave me the answer before, i am sure you will give me one again.

We have any shape with more than 3 angles. For example a hexagon. All angles and sides are the same. How can i calculate with as simple as can be calculation, the angle of this shape by knowing only the number of sides?

kam

• Administrator
Re: How to calculate the angle of each corner on any n-angle with same angles
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
The central angle of a n-gono is always 360/n. You may calculate all other parts from this

Supernova

Simplified:

A triangle from center of the n-gono to 2 near corners, will have in center 360/n degrees. Easy to understand as you actually divide a circle into n arcs.
Each triangle (n triangles total) will have the other 2 corners equal and equal to (180-(360/n))/2

Each angle of the n-gono between it;s sides will be consisted of the angles of 2 triangles, thsu it will be

2 X (180-(360/n))/2 = 180 - 360/n

Mercury

180-360/n

or

(180 (n-2))/n

;D ;D ;D

jack_in-a_box

Thabks for the solution people! Thank you very much

kam

• Administrator
Keep visiting us friend

Supernova