Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Supernatural  (Read 2462 times)

spic0m

• Global Moderator
Supernatural
« on: September 24, 2008, 00:15:35 AM »
A couple of weeks ago, me and my partner went to see a cnc. The customer was saying that while he drilled horizontal holes in a panel, all of a sudden the drill bits break. After a test we run we noticed that the drill bits keep breaking even if we executed the program without panel and the machine drilling plain air :). We dismantled the gearbox and found the gears and ball bearings in bad condition and send them for repair. And we both wonder, can gear wear produce such vibrations capable of "snap" the drill bit? How solid for an explanation sounds? For the record, a couple of days ago the new parts came and we re-assembled the whole thing and its working fine since then, so no doubt the fault was there. But for the "zen" of troubleshooting i'd like to hear your opinions. :)

kam

• Administrator
Re: Supernatural
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 12:01:15 PM »
You did not mention that this was an italian machine... for our friend stamatis