Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Hello heaven!  (Read 12989 times)

J.G

Hello heaven!
« on: September 28, 2008, 23:41:08 PM »
Hello heaven! I'm J.G. a 32 years old electrician good and experienced enought on old school automation but nude on pc's and electronics. I also need to refresh my english a little bit. I contact your forum for changing ideas on generall matters related with electricity (mostly), and for keeping my appetite on new projects fresh. keep up the good work! Your page is very good (your forum also). I'm visiting it every time I start my pc.
I need some help.
I was wondering If I coud use some of spicom's talend on finding links. I'm trying to find a  price catalog (for greece) on ''siemens instabus eib'' matterials but my surfing capability seems to be poor.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello heaven!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 23:57:51 PM »
Hello and welcome to our forums!
Are you sure that siemens post price catalogs and not plain ones?

J.G

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 00:16:23 AM »
No I'm not. But I was wondering how can I sell the matterial without having an general idea of it's cost. They give a price only for specific orders thatw for sure!

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 00:20:50 AM »
It's not common for a company to give price lists and if it does it's just for reference purposes. Maybe the supliers can give you a price list or a quote for a specific order. I'll check it out though and inform you. :)

You like the rest of the site? The rss news? Remember your opinion counts!  ;)

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 00:39:00 AM »
In this link there should be a price list but i don't know if there is for EIB, i'll try and find some more.

http://www.siemens.gr/BUILDINGTECHNOLOGIES/map.asp
http://www.siemens.gr/BUILDINGTECHNOLOGIES/menu2Op1Sub1.asp

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 00:45:49 AM by spic0m »

J.G

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 00:43:42 AM »
 If I finally find a general price list it will be avaliable for everybody who's interested.tnx.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 01:01:11 AM »
Nope, there is no price catalog for instabus components, only a parts catalogue with technical data and the possibility to order online.

http://www.automation.siemens.com/et/gamma/et/html_76/ecomm/index.htm

From there click the "catalog and online ordering" and from the list choose "electrical instalation technology" and "GAMMA building management systems"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 01:03:18 AM by spic0m »

Supernova

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 23:22:41 PM »
I do not think that this kind of catalogs are widely announced. These are usually not sold from siemens itself but from third parties. Thus, you may find it in different prices.

You should define a vendor for yourself and ask him for the price list. He will surely not deny.

Supernova

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 23:32:53 PM »
oh, and hello friend, have a nice stay in our forum!

Enjoy

Mercury

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »
Hello J.G.!

Welcome to our forums. As an active member of this forum i would like to welcome you to our community.
Have a nice stay and time

J.G

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 20:16:09 PM »
I finaly found a full prise catalog for siemens instabus eib (Greece) from a vendor.It is realy helpfull for desining an eib/knx project along with it's economic approach.It makes you think simple.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 22:47:37 PM »
Hi JG!

Welcome!

Nice you found what was looking for.
We would be glad here to see some of your instabus projects and / or your impression and the usability of this system.

J.G

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 00:31:08 AM »
Hi kam!
I have already made 4 projects and my impression is that I haven't managed to use the system's capabilities in a real good way yet. That's because the projects were desined by others and they deal mostly on ligthing menus (I made the installation off the system). Now I'm trying the fifth one and the desining is on me. I want to use the system most on heating, cooling, security and less on lighting. I want the heating/cooling off each room to work separately and to stop when the window is open. I also need to measure the outside temperature and to have heating/cooling menus automatically. The inside temperature has to be steady. An economic heating/cooling menu (differend temperature) must also be on when the house is empty for a long period along with a ''present simulation'' turn lights on/off e.t.c. When the alarm is on the house's ligthing must also be on.I need to measure the wind, the sunlight and the rain and do some things like security ligthing depented on the sun light, the tends are going too work on automatic menus depented on the sun,the rain and the wind (they also work manualy and participate on the ''present simulation''). Finally I need some phone alarms like ''water in basement'', ''power supply fault'' e.t.c.

If any body has any other ideas, be my guest!

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 00:55:32 AM »
I have taken the courses from S1emen$ for this 1n$tabu$ programming manipulation and marketing (8 days if i remember correct). I can help you with the 'programming' bits 'n' bytes as there are lots of tricks (like how to light the LED on the button when a light is on or off accordingly). Your application is a very easy and i thing a basic application. This system is designed in a way that 'programming' (of course it is not actually programming but it is more scripting) is made in a straight forward manner and thus, if you want to distinguish yourself, you should take it a step further. you should have in mind that this system IS NOT ONLY for saving energy. Ok, you can say to the customer that saving energy is another profit that you get, but this system was made for show off and      C  O  M  F  O  R  T  S

That is what you should sell to the customer, comforts and show off, not energy saving. You should sell the comforts to have a 'weekend' button, a 'light effect' button, a 'christmas' button.... You should work a lot with pre-defined scripts. There are some very good modules that can manage a lot of them, like image lighting scripts.
Also, another nice thing to sell is security. You can add on some 'self learning' modules to copy the habits of the customer for 15 days and then play back while he is away.

That is my opinion. Don't you just stand in what the customer wants. He does not know the powers of this system. You should kick him the next step forward and thus, get your name first on the list.

J.G

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 03:30:58 AM »
For sure the light effects comes into the trick and the system is made for them. But the dimmers and expecially  the ones for 12V  lamps (electronic ballast) comes out very expencive. Most off the clients can't take it just for comfort.I think that energy saving is the step forward.The client will take it all easier if he gets profit out off this.

p.s I didin't knew about the 'self learning' modules. Thanks!