Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Hello its me!  (Read 3734 times)

Lucky13

Hello its me!
« on: January 21, 2009, 06:57:03 AM »

Hello everyone, I am simply a dissabled auto tech that has jumped into trying to learn electronics (Worked for Mercedes, Mopar & even Ford for) awail.  I am the guy you see still riding his 1968 big block car daily because its what I lived and loved.         

To be honest I start with trying to learn VB coding for a CNC project I am working on and it grew into electronics from there.   I am really starting out from scratch and I have so much to learn to even begine making any progress.  I have built quite a few of the simple one function circuits you find around (many of them from here)  and I try to learn and understand them as I go.  I have a few projects I would like to build ( need to)  but its going to take some time before I am that far along.  I will probably be the one asking some stupid question as I get in over my head on this stuff.  I try to do my research first,  but from what I have seen already this gets pretty deep, quick.   I bought one of the "Whats A Microcontroler" kit with the Basic StampII that looks like its going to help some but its easy to see its going to take a lot more than this to get me going.  I do have pretty good resources on some parts that I salvage from copiers,  my son is a tech for one of the local companies and we tend to get more than we can really keep. I have biult up a pretty good stock but I need to start getting into some PIC's and other micro's to help me learn more. 

Anyway I look forward to posting with all on the forum.  For now I will stay in the background and maybe ask a Q or two in subjects I am following.  When I get a little closer to knowing what I need to do some of the projects I would like to get done I will post about them.  If I can just get my feet wet I really enjoy working with electronics. I am just old and slow and it takes me awail ;)

Jess

spic0m

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello its me!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:31:07 AM »
Hi lucky and welcome to our forums.

Sorry for the late reply but we are on a change phase here on PCBHeaven, thats the reason you will see litlle or no activity in the forums, stay tuned for the new PCBHeaven site and forum area.

bravodog

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 07:11:09 AM »
Hi lucky and welcome to our forums.

Sorry for the late reply but we are on a change phase here on PCBHeaven, thats the reason you will see litlle or no activity in the forums, stay tuned for the new PCBHeaven site and forum area.

Hi Lucky just got here my self.  and what the heck is a charge phase Spicom ????????

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 09:52:31 AM »
Hello again.

Well, you do not need to re-discover the wheel. Just ask a question and maybe someone else here had the same problem solved. Feel free to ask. It's not a problem for no one. That's why fora exists anyways...  ;)

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 21:48:27 PM »
Welcome bravo and it was a change phase, we changed servers, the site appearence and many small details.