Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: How to move a plane  (Read 10924 times)

spic0m

• Global Moderator
How to move a plane
« on: May 23, 2009, 13:17:52 PM »
Answer this if you can.
By car, train, call superman :) ?
No, it's more simpler, by helicopter! Yes by heli and by plane we don't mean a small one, don't believe?
Check for yourself!

kam

• Administrator
Re: How to move a plane
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 16:45:10 PM »
Is the plane tiny or the heli huge? Because they look of the same size in the picture...  :P

bravodog

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 23:46:06 PM »
You can tell that chopper is taxed though, Look at the upward bend on the rotors  ;)

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 23:55:01 PM »
Don't know if i'm correct, but i think the heli is a Mil Mi-26 Halo the biggest operational helicopter of the world.
We're talking about 32m rotor diameter and up to 20 tons of carrying capacity, sizes similar to Hercules C-130 plane or more!
And the blades are supposed to be that way with or without load.
About the plane i don't know but for sure isn't a Chesna  ;D.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 00:02:17 AM »
those russians always wants to impress with huge-ness . Nobody told them so far that "size does not matter" :D

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 00:06:27 AM »
It's not about size, think it as an equivalent to C-130 but more flexible in terms of landing.  :D

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 00:18:55 AM »
It's not about size, think it as an equivalent to C-130 but more flexible in terms of landing.  :D

Sure, it's always needed to raise something that weights 20 tons hanging literally under a copter, even if this helicopter costs 10 times more of a c130, needs 6 timer more often maintenance, that costs 10 times more than a C130.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »
In a war situation having the capability of moving 150 fully equiped troops in the battlefied  or in a mountain top is crucial.
Let's don't forget that all this is remains of war races and the hunt for global domination between the old CCCP ans USA. Also remember thosedays terms such cost effective and such where unknown yet  :).

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »
In war periods there is this (i do not remember the name) helicopter that is actually made in the usa, and is the most quiet and fast copter, that can carry enough troops in the battlefield. The russian could be used rather as a crane than as a war helicopter. It would be a death trap.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
For moving heavy loads it's the best, only in 2001 (no war period) ordered nearly 300 from 20 countries.
If you mean Chinook CH-47 then there is no comparison, although is a very good chopper it has half the loading capacity and costs more that 2 mil$ more that the Mil Mi-26. (1999 prices, the most recent i could find :))
As for speed and technicals see for yourself :).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:13:18 PM by spic0m »

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »
The russian could be used rather as a crane than as a war helicopter. It would be a death trap.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 15:27:18 PM »
Except the quiet thing which i don't know about, everything else is better, i really don't understand you.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 17:14:06 PM »
what don't u understand? That is a crane? That is not suitable for war applications? That is just a russian approach to things, like always was?

What you may not understand that i meant is that, ok, huge copters should exists. it would be better if it could raise 100.000 tons, or 500.000.000 tons. The more the better. But one is enough for the whole world. But is just a flying crane. Nothing more. It may never make a profit, it will impress though.

In war periods as you said, it would be a joke to have this monster. Unless you plan to move the whole enemy headquarters from one place to another, with the buildings together. In war, 10 quiet and fast carriers that could carry 20-30 troops each, are better than one. Isn't that so?

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 17:37:18 PM »
10 helis is more loud than 1 whatever you do, and about speed you check the specs? it's faster or at least the same speed as Chinooks, nobody compared it with Apache.
If you want all the men in one place why  not carry them all at once?
I don't see the special reason that makes Chinook more capable at war than Mil Mi.
And all countries using it as a carrier, crane, medical unit, fire fighting  and i don't know what else don't think they do it just to impress the others and just spend their budgets.
The fact alone that is still in production says much, It's a heavy load carrier, that's what designed for and war or peace that's what is good at.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2009, 17:47:49 PM »
10 helis is more loud than 1 whatever you do
no it is not.

and about speed you check the specs?
It's a carrier for god sakes

it's faster or at least the same speed as Chinooks, nobody compared it with Apache.
The one i tell you IS compared to Apaches.

If you want all the men in one place why  not carry them all at once?
You want really an answer to that? really? I do not tell you to make 10 times the way to move them, make it once with 10 copters. During a war, some of them may land, some may not. The enemy is underneath remember? One copter will never land.

I don't see the special reason that makes Chinook more capable at war than Mil Mi.
Did i tell that?

And all countries using it as a carrier, crane, medical unit, fire fighting  and i don't know what else don't think they do it just to impress the others and just spend their budgets.
But does it really makes profit? That is what i am wondering of.

The fact alone that is still in production says much, It's a heavy load carrier, that's what designed for and war or peace that's what is good at.
LADA are also still in production.