Home     Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  

Home     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   

Author Topic: Recycled scrap PCB product manufacturers  (Read 6357 times)

TimH

Recycled scrap PCB product manufacturers
« on: August 18, 2009, 21:46:28 PM »
This is going to be a really unusual question.  I'm looking for a company that creates products out of scap PCBs.  I'm a technical recruiter, and would like to create some busimness cards out of blue scrap printed circuit boards.  I have contacted a couple of companies int he UK (Revolve and electrickery) but haven't heard back from them.  Would ideally like to work with a US based company anway, simply because shipping would be less.

I think that if we could pull this off, it would generate some great word-of-mouth publicity for my company, and the one providing the product design.  There are a LOT of blogs and websites that post phots of creative business card concepts.

Here's an example: http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/05/100-really-creative-business-cards/

I have done a lot of searching on the Web.  While a number of companies have created card holders out of PCBs, nobody has tried to actually create business cards.  Can anyone recommend a company that might be willing and able to help me?

spic0m

• Global Moderator
Re: Recycled scrap PCB product manufacturers
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 22:06:01 PM »
Mean something like this?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 22:37:34 PM »
TimH is a spammer. The only reason i kept this post alive is that i like their work.

TimH

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 22:43:12 PM »
What makes you think I'm a spammer?  That was a serious inquiry.  As far as I know, I've only posted once on this forum.  Maybe twice.

TimH is a spammer. The only reason i kept this post alive is that i like their work.

TimH

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 22:43:56 PM »
That's not exactly what I was picturing, but yes - something like that.

Mean something like this?

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 22:46:58 PM »
What makes you think I'm a spammer?  That was a serious inquiry.  As far as I know, I've only posted once on this forum.  Maybe twice.

I'm really sorry if you are not and i recall.

Weekly i delete more than 5 of those spam messages. I thought you are advertising or something.

No matter what, i like this work and i kept the link.

TimH

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 22:51:06 PM »
No problem.  I'll gladly either post a link to my company website or my LinkedIn profile here, if it's permitted.  It was a serious question though.  You won't believe how amny companies I have approached with the idea who have told me that they couldn't help me.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 22:51:34 PM »
Anyway, i don't think you will find a ready made solution, ever thought of making your own?
I'll check it a bit more and see what i can find.

kam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 22:53:25 PM »
No problem.  I'll gladly either post a link to my company website or my LinkedIn profile here, if it's permitted.  It was a serious question though.  You won't believe how amny companies I have approached with the idea who have told me that they couldn't help me.

You can put your website to your profile and it will appear under your avarar. You can use it as a signature as well.

TimH

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 22:54:31 PM »
No, obviously nothing ready-made.  

I think pulling it off well really takes someone with talents that I don't have.  I just went ahead and paid for a bunch of regular cards.  Am going to continue to look for a company that's willing to work with me.  A number of companies do recycled PBC luggage tags.  If they can do that, they ought to be able to do business cards.

TimH

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 22:57:58 PM »
Done.  Thanks.

You can put your website to your profile and it will appear under your avarar. You can use it as a signature as well.

spic0m

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 18:23:55 PM »
The only thing i found was this picture. I found it here but there was nothing more from where it comes from.