Home     Contact     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS     Terms of services     Privacy policy  
   
 Home      Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science   


<< Back to INDEX

Is this spike an actual sign of dark matter in the universe?
posted December 11 2014 19:25.43 by Giorgos Lazaridis




Scientists estimate that everything that we see in the universe (literally) is only one fifth of the matter in the universe. We are only able to see a 20% of the total matter leaving another 80% of unknown or dark matter. It's dark because it does not interact with light at all hence making it invisible to us. But we know it's there because of the gravitational effects that we observe.

Scientists were studying the Andromeda Galaxy when they discovered a weird signal. The short wave x-ray spectrum analysis reviled an unknown pattern which could be the decay of dark matter particles.

Watch the following video:



[Link]
 
Share



You might also like...


Why can't we see the aliens? [Space]

A Telescope Bigger than a Galaxy [Science]

The most powerful objects in the universe [Documentary]

Ultrasounds can help you feel objects in air, out of thin air!

Ten -still- unexplained phenomena in science [Facts]

Ridiculously powerful machines [Machines]

Explainer: what is a supercritical fluid? [Science]

Why Mars died and Earth didn't? [Space]


<< Back to INDEX



Comments

  Name

  Email (shall not be published)

  Website

Notify me of new posts via email


Write your comments below:
BEFORE you post a comment:You are welcome to comment for corrections and suggestions on this page. But if you have questions please use the forum instead to post it. Thank you.


      

No comment yet...

Be the first to comment on this page!












 Contact     Forum     Projects     Experiments     Circuits     Theory     BLOG     PIC Tutorials     Time for Science     RSS   

Site design: Giorgos Lazaridis
© Copyright 2008
Please read the Terms of services and the Privacy policy